Thanks to the wide variety of shipping services available, mainly in Aruba and Curaçao, we’ve been fortunate to be able to work with our partners to attract many interesting shipping projects to the islands.
Below are a few of the shipping projects that we have recently undertaken, as port agents and project managers:
- Drilling rigs and accommodation platforms, doing repairs and ship layup in Curaçao (Caracasbay, St.Michielsbay Megapiers) and at the Aruba anchorages.
- Off-loading platforms and barges from semi-submersible vessels;
- Taking a very large crude carrier (VLCC) into the Willemstad harbor of Curaçao for repairs at the shipyard (a very tight fit!);
- Discharging heavy project cargo at the cargo berths of Aruba, Bonaire and Curaçao, such as windmills, utility plant equipment and building materials;
- Ship-to-ship transfers in the Curaçao harbors and at the Aruba transshipment anchorage;
- Cargo transfers from cargo ships onto drilling rigs, drill ships and vv, both in port and off port;
- Attending to the world’s most exclusive and luxurious mega yachts;
- Underwater repair projects, as documented by The Discovery Channel.
- As agents, handling all port calls, crew movements and logistics for an oil/gas drilling project in Aruba.