Fuik Bay is mainly used as a loading terminal by the Mining Company of Curaçao for shipment of phosphate, stone, and sand. The mining company owns the piers.
- Location: South coast of Curaçao, 11 km SE of Willemstad
- Max draft: 7.3m
- LOA, max: 110m.
- Anchorage: There is an anchorage area to the West side of the bay in depths up to 15m.
- Berths: There are two berths at Fuik Bay, the Phosphate Wharf and ‘Zandsteiger’. At the Phosphate Wharf, phosphate rock shipment takes place using a conveyer and loading tower with a 8.53m fixed arm (loading rate 150 tph). At ‘Zandsteiger’, a 25.6m berth is used for explosives and general cargo. Depth alongside is 6.7m.
- Cargo Facilities: General cargo is handled at ‘Zandsteiger’.
- Storage Facilities: No transit sheds are available.
- Barges: Available from Willemstad.
- Bunker Facilities: There is equipment to supply fuel from Curoil. Fresh water is also available through water trucks.
- Ballast/slop reception: Available in Port of Willemstad.